- MCh (Urology) from the Sanjay Gandhi PostGraduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow in 1995.
- MAMS (Urology) from the National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- DNB (Surgery) from the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, in 1992.
- MS (Surgery) from the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, in 1991.
- MBBS from the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, in 1987.
- Urological Society of India, American Urological Association, International Continence Society, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Association of Southern Urologists, AP Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Hyderabad Urology Society (Founding Treasurer)
- Editorial board member for the International Urogynecology Journal (2007-ongoing)
- Member Educational Committee for the International Urogynecology Association
- Member of the USI panel for “Guidelines for the Management of Bladder Tumors” 2008-09
- Nominated to the Education Committee of the International Urogynecology Association. The committee is responsible for planning the worldwide educational activities of the Association
- Eight Distinctions in MBBS- Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive and Social Medicine, ENT and Surgery.
Gold Medal in Biochemistry.
- Bhagwandas Wadhwa memorial Gold Medal in Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Silver Medal in Otorhinolaryngology.
- Anatomical Society of India award for highest marks in Anatomy.
- Award for Best Research Project in Anatomy on ‘Variations in the anatomy of the lumbar plexus’.
- University Medal in Pathology.
- Stood First at the all three Professional MBBS examinations.
- University Medal by Banaras Hindu University for standing First at Final MBBS, 1987.
- Association of Surgeons of India award for highest marks in Surgery.
- Pfizer Medallion and Scroll of Honor for distinguished performance at the Final MBBS.
- Institute of Medical Sciences Best Student Award
- Bard Scholarship in Urology awarded by the Urological Society of India in 1993.
- Best Paper Award, at the APSOGUS, 1999 for paper on stress incontinence.
- Medal for Point Counter Point Debate at the SZUSI, Chennai, 2003
- BKP Best Paper Award at National Urological Society of India Conference, Ahmedabad, 2005
- Best Reviewer Award from the Indian Journal of Urology for the year 2010. Received award at a ceremony on 21st January 2011 at Kolkata.(New!)
- National Talent Scholarship from NCERT in 1981
- First All India In The XIIth Standard Board Examination in 1983 with 96.8% marks
Chapters in books
Our article has been cited by Peter Morris “Kidney Transplantation” 6th Edition, 2008, Page 653
- Sinha S. Voiding dysfunction in women. In: Tamilselvi and Rana (eds). Textbook of Urogynecology (in press), 2014(New!)
- 2. Sinha R, Sinha S. Physiology of normal micturition and mechanisms of continence.
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Choice of surgery for stress urinary incontinence. In: Trivedi P , Rane A (eds). Understanding female urinary incontinence. FOGSI Publication. Mumbai, 2013, pp 129-136.
- Chapter on “Painful Bladder Syndrome” in textbook “Gynecology Update 2011” eds Pratibha D and Sinha R, Paras Publishers, Hyderabad, 2011
- Sinha R, Sinha S. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy. In “Manual of Perinatal Infections”, Eds Walvekar V and Jassawalla MJ. Jaypee Brothers, 2006, pp 132-129
- Sinha S. Early Diagnosis of Carcinoma Prostate. Recent Advances in Oncology, Jaypee Bros, 2004
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Renal Transplantation in women- the Indian context. In: Tank DK, Saraiya UB, Patel MK, Desai SV, In ‘Frontiers in Obstetrics and Gynaecology' 2nd ed, Jaypee Bros, Mumbai, 1999, pp 180-188.
- Sinha S, Bhandari M. Bladder dysfunction in posterior urethral valves. In: Sinha S, Bhandari M (eds.). Posterior urethral valves. Urol Soc Ind publication, 1996, pp17-26.
- Kumar M, Sinha S. Techniques of ablation of posterior urethral valves. In: Sinha S, Bhandari M (eds.). Posterior urethral valves.Urol Soc Ind publication, 1996, pp41-46.
- Sinha S, Sinha JK. Chemical Burns. In: Hanumandass ML, Ramakrishna M (eds.), Handbook of Burns Management. New Delhi. Jaypee Bros Med Publ: 1991, pp 152-9.
- Sinha R, Sinha S. Incontinence in the girl child- diagnosis and treatment. In: Krishna UR, Sheriar NK (eds), ‘Gynecological Urology’ Orient Longman, Mumbai: 2001, pp 115-127.
- Sinha S. Post-prostatectomy incontinence.Ind J Urol 2014: 30; 362(NEW)
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Urethral diverticulectomy. Ind J Urol 2014 (in press)(NEW)
- Cooper-Fergus PM, Alexander CE, Sinha S, Omar M, I. Policies for replacing long-term indwelling urinary catheters in adults (Protocols).Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue:5. Art. No.:CD011115(NEW)
- Sinha S. Evaluation and treatment of stress urinary incontinence is women. Apollo Med 2013: 10; 67-73
- Sinha S. Intravesical treatment of painful bladder syndrome: the potential pitfalls of meta-analyses. Int Urogyn J. 2012: 23; 1145-46
- Kumar A, Vemuri N, Misra KC, Sinha S. Hemothorax following percutaneous nephrolithotomy for complete staghorn calculus. Int J Periop Ultrasound Appl Technol 2012:1; 32-34
- Sinha S, Sinha R, Sreenivasa Rao S, Srinivas Kumar K. Urethral erosion with recurrent stress incontinence following transobturator tape surgery: Urethral repair with simultaneous pubovaginal sling. Urology J, 2012: 9; 436-8
- Jha R, Gude D, Sinha S. A rare prune. Ind J Nephrol 2012: 22; 482-83
- Sinha S.Dysfunctional Voiding: A Review of Terminology, Presentation, Evaluation and Management in Children and Adults. Indian J Urology 2011: 27; 437-47
- Sinha S, Siriguri SR, Kanakmedala SK, Bikkasani K. Prostate biopsy findings in Indian men: a hospital-based study. Indian J Cancer. 2011; 48:175-80.
- Acute patchy cortical necrosis following renal transplantation in a case of sickle cell trait - an unusual cause of renal allograft dysfunction. Accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Nephrology, 2011
- R Jha, G Narayan, BS Rao, S Shekhar, S Sinha, VM Raj. Post transplant malignant disorders. Indian Journal of Transplantation 2010: 4, 37-37
- Sinha S, Sreenivasa S Rao, Ramasubba Rayudu. CT seminal vesiculogram imaging in a patient with ejaculatory duct obstruction. Urol J 2010, 7: 9
- Sinha S, Sreenivasa S Rao, Srinivas K, Singh MK, Sharma RM. Duloxetine for treatment of male sphincteric incontinence following partial conus medullaris infarction after coronary bypass surgery Cases Journal2009, 2:9094
- Jha R, Sinha S, Kumar J, Bansal D, Gupta PC. Renal infarction in antiphospholipid syndrome. Indian J Nephrol. 2005; 15: 17-21.
- Sinha S. Bladder Outlet Obstruction in Women. Ind J Urol, 2004
- Sinha S, Jha R, Lakhtakia S, Narayana G. Acute Pancreatitis following Kidney Transplantation- role of viral infections. Clin Transpl. 2003; 17: 32-36
- Sinha S, Jha R, Narayana G, Bhaskar BV, Rayudu RS, Hemlatha K, Prasad KN, Khadeer K. Pulmonary Infections after Kidney Transplantation: Impact of prophylaxis. Transpl Proc. 2003; 35: 287-8
- Jha R, Narayan G, Sinha S, Khadeer K, Prasad KN. Symptomatic herpes virus infections in post renal transplant patients. Transpl Proc 2003; 35: 284-5.
- Jha R, Narayana G, Jaleel M, Sinha S, Bhaskar BV, Kashyap G, Rayudu R, Prasad KN. Pulmonary infections after kidney transplantation. J Ass Physic India 1999: 47; 779-783.
- Rao KH, Jha R, Narayan G, Sinha S. Opportunistic infections following renal transplantation. Ind J Med Microbiol 2002:20; 47-49.
- Goel MC, Baserge NS, Ramesh Babu MV, Sinha S, Kapoor R. Pediatric kidney: functional outcome after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. J Urol 1996: 155; 2044-46.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Management of primary nonrefluxing upper urinary tract dilatation in children. Pediatr Surg Int 1995: 10; 285.
- Sinha S. Re: Pseudosarcomatous myofibroblastic proliferation of the bladder: Report of 2 cases and literature review (letter). J Urol 1995: 154; 537.
- Sinha S. Ureteral anastomosis with the unilink system (letter). Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995: 173; 674-5.
- Sinha S. Pediatric ureteropelvic junction obstruction treated by retrograde endopyelotomy (letter). Urology 1995: 45; 1087.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Treatment of childhood phimosis with topical steroids (letter) Austr N Zealand J Surg 1994: 64; 861.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Direct vision internal urethrotomy under topical anesthesia (letter). Urology 1994: 44; 625.
- Bhandari M, Sinha S. Percutaneous nephrostomy in malignant urinary tract obstruction (comment). Nat Med J Ind 1993: 6; 218. (Indexed Indian Journal)
- Sinha S, Gangopadhyaya AN, Harshwardhan, Gopal SC. Ileal atresia with intestinal duplication. Ind Pediatr 1992: 29; 1573-4. (Indexed Indian Journal)
- Sinha S, Sinha JK, Tripathi FM, Bhattacharya V. Chemical Burns- Our experience over eleven years. Annals Mediterr Burns Club 1990: 3; 203-5.
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Incontinence in the girl child- approach to diagnosis and treatment. J Obstet Gynaec India 1999: 49; 114-120.
- Babu MVR, Baserge N, Ahlawat R, Sinha S. Prognostic factors predicting outcome of poorly functioning kidneys with pelviureteric junction obstruction. Ind J Urol
- Sinha S. Prepubertal macoorchidism: an unusual cause of maldescent (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 10; 93.
- Sinha S. Selective bladder preservation by combination treatment of invasive bladder carcinoma (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 11; 46.
- Sinha S. Reuse of a transplanted kidney (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 10; 92.
- Sinha S, Shukla VK, Tandon M, Roy SK. Colorectal carcinoma in patients under 30 years of age. Ind J Coloproctol 1991: 6; 7-10.
- Mishra MK, Sinha S. Etiopathogenesis of multiple system organ failure- current concepts. Quart J Surg Sci 1990: 26; 37-43.
Demonstrated Stress urinary incontinence surgery at Post Graduate Institute, Rohtak on 16th and 17th April in a teaching workshop for Urologists and Gynecologists (New!)
- Demonstrated Urodynamics and delivered a lecture at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi on 12th March 2011 (New!)
- Conducted International Urogynecology Workshop at Hyderabad on 5th January 2011 with live case demonstrations by six international faculty. 250 urologists and gynecologists from across India attended this program.
Delivered talk at the National Urology Congress USICON 2011 at Kolkata on 23rd January 2011 on Secondary sling surgery for stress urinary incontinence.
- Demonstrated Miniarc tape a new Stress Urinary Incontinence device at the Live Operative Workshop at Coimbatore on 5th June 2010
- Demonstrated Stress Urinary Incontinence surgery at Live Operative Workshop during the East Zone Urological Society of India Workshop at the SCB Medical College, Cuttack on 2nd and 3rd April, 2010
- Faculty at the North Zone Urological Society of India Workshop at Jhansi held on 6th and 7th March 2010. Delivered talks on Urinary Incontinence
- Invited lecture on Painful Bladder Syndrome at Agra on 5th February 2010 at the SIU Symposium during the National Urology Congress (USICON)
- Faculty at the 1st and 2nd Masterclass in Urogynecology at Mumbai in 2006 and 2009
- Operated at Live Operative Workshop on Botulinum toxin at PGI Chandigarh in 2009
- Operated at Live Operative Workshop on Urogynecology at PGI Chandigarh in 2006 and 2008
- Conducted workshop on Urodynamics at the 33rd International Urogynecology Congress at Taipei in September 2008
- Conducted workshop on Urinary Incontinence at the South African Urogynecology Conference at Johannesburg in March 2008
- Invited talk at the Prolapse Round table at IUGA Cancun, Mexico in 2007
- Faculty for ICS Workshop 2007, Mumbai
- Faculty for SIU Workshop 2006 and 2007
- Faculty for IUGA Exchange Program at Belgaum 2006 and Chennai 2007
- Faculty for Various Workshops organized by Urological Society of India
- Organized “Operative Workshop on Botulinum Toxin in Urology” 2007
- Organized “International Workshop on Cadaveric Dissection for the Female Pelvic Floor and Video-operative workshop on Female Pelvic Floor Reconstruction” 2006
- Organized “Urodynamics Workshop 2004” a training program under the auspices of Indian Continence Foundation
- Organized “Urology Workshop 2001”, a live operative urology workshop at Hyderabad
- Organized “6th All India Transplant Games”, November 20-21, 1999 at Hyderabad (Ref: Transplant Trends, Vol 14, 2000, pp 4-5.)
Dr. Sanjay Sinha is Consultant Urologist and Transplant Surgeon practicing for the last 17years. He has a specific interest in minimally invasive urology (endourology, laparoscopic and robotic urology), female urology, urodynamics, neurogenic bladder and renal transplantation. He did his MBBS and MS from Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University where he had the first rank at the university with 8 distinctions and the Best Student Award. He later did his training in Urology at the SGPGIMS, Lucknow in 1995. He visited the Long Island Jewish Medical Centre, New York in 2000 and the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia in 2005. Dr Sinha has the largest experience in stress incontinence surgery in the state and has extensive experience in the removal of complex kidney stones by minimally invasive methods. He has the largest number of neurogenic bladder patients under his follow up and is a specialist for Augmentation Cystoplasty surgery.
Dr Sinha has conducted several workshops including, most recently, those at Brisbane, Kuala Lumpur and Johannesburg. He is on the Editorial Board of the International Urogynecology Journal, Indian Journal of Urology and Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports and was a member of the Urological Society of India Panel on Bladder Cancer Guidelines. He was awarded the Best Reviewer Award by the Indian Journal of Urology in 2011. He operates and consults at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad (Hyderguda and Jubilee Hills) and runs arguably India’s busiest Urodynamics Department at Hyderguda.
Dr Sinha was recently conferred the title of Honorary Professor by the Apollo Hospital Education and Research Foundation.